Sunday, May 10, 2009

HONORABLE VESSEL

2 Timothy 2:21, 22, 24-26

 “Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy; useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.”

 “So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.”

 “And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness.  God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of truth and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.”

 God I believe I am that honorable vessel now and that you are using me for every good work.  I no longer desire the things from my youth such as material things, status and equality.  My heart has been changed to one of humility and sincerity.  I still struggle with pride and selfishness, but by the blood of the cross and the power of the Holy Spirit, I will continually overcome them in service to you.  

Father, continue to fill my heart and soul with your attributes and wisdom so that I may teach and guide believers and non believers in your ways.  It is my desire to tell my story of escaping the suffocating snare of the devil.  You have rescued me God and strengthened me so that I may stand against my adversaries.  You are there to catch me when I fall and you constantly fill me with your love and power.  I will never be defeated again…as long as I live by your precepts and keep my vessel honorable.

 God, it is my desire to change my physical vessel back to the way you designed it to be.  Help me use the wisdom you have given and power of the Holy Spirit to discipline my mind and body so that my health is evident of your presence in my life. 

 To you be honor and glory in all I say, do, eat and live.

In Jesus Holy and Honorable Name

No comments:

Post a Comment