Sunday, March 29, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAUGHTER!

Well, last Sunday's experience will be a hard one to follow, but thank goodness life with God always gets sweeter and more exciting.

This past Thursday during worship practice, while we were singing the song, “The More I Seek You,” we spent some time just playing the music and making up our own words in musical prayer to God. I envisioned myself sitting on God’s lap; snuggling and reaching up to hold his face in my hands. Then I saw Jesus laughing and calling me to come and dance with him in a meadow near a lake or creek. I loved being in God’s lap, but I really wanted to go and dance with Jesus. I felt incredible awe and joy.

As I wrote this experience down, God reminded me that Thursday was my spiritual birthday! Thirty-three years ago, March 26th, I decided to become a follower of Jesus Christ and asked Him to live in my heart and life. God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit were rejoicing with me tonight! Heaven was rejoicing! Angels were rejoicing!

Then as a gift for my spiritual birthday, God blessed me with healing for my painful hips and gave me a prophesy about how God is about to increase my writing ministry and take me to places I have yet to be with Him. To see things I have never seen. He instructed me to be ready to write down what he shows me and teaches me.

My spirit is about to burst. God’s Spirit is bubbling inside me and keeps spilling out with words, songs, singing with no words and sometimes with words only God understands. I enjoyed the sweetest song between my spirit and God while driving home from worship practice. I didn’t understand a word of it, but the melody was so sweet and the goodness of God splashed all over me!


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

As I suspeceted, with such a spiritual high, and awesome prophsey, the enemy was hard at work in the following days to wear down my spirit. But my God is greater than anything Satan has to offer. Beware seekers, when you connect with God in a mighty way and He changes your life forever, you must guard your heart against spiritual attacks on you personally. Read the Bible and metabolize it so that you will have an endless supply of God's power and wisdom embedded in your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment