Saturday, December 5, 2009

GLAD TO BE HOME

Hi readers. Sorry for no post last week. Holiday travel was starting to wear on me. I am still processing the wonderful, annual visit we had with family last month. We had nice long visits with nearly all of our extended families. I had a "Big Toe" reunion with my exclusive, four member "Big Toe" buddies. This was the first time we had all been together at the same time since college 20 years ago...gosh has it really been 20 years! I can't possibly be that old!


As much as I enjoyed renewing family ties, I was equally blessed by the reception I received from our neighbors and friends upon our return. Hugs were longer and tighter. Smiles were brighter. Appreciation was expressed repeatedly. My daughter is still begging to see her best friend again and again. My son's anticipation of seeing his "girlfriend" keeps mounting.


Home really is where your heart is. It's here in West Virginia and it's in Oklahoma too. My "Big Toe" buddies were surprised to hear me say "back in my home town" (referring to my WV home) when were were sitting in the town I grew up in. That place is where my family lives, but it isn't my "home" anymore. My heart is wherever God wants it to be. Where my heart is there my treasure will be also. My heart and home is right where I am (which ever state that may be in).


Thank you God for giving me such a wonderful gift of renewed relationships with family, friends and neighbors. May I never take any of them for granted or ignore them. Thank you for touching other lives through my presence in this world. May you continue to use me to touch others for you in spite of my sinful self. Thank you for helping me discern the value of relationships and for strengthening them through your bond of love.

Matthew 6:21 (NIV)

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

No comments:

Post a Comment