Sunday, January 24, 2010

DARE TO BELIEVE!

Matthew 21:18-22 (The Message)

The Withered Fig Tree
18-20Early the next morning Jesus was returning to the city. He was hungry. Seeing a lone fig tree alongside the road, he approached it anticipating a breakfast of figs. When he got to the tree, there was nothing but fig leaves. He said, "No more figs from this tree—ever!" The fig tree withered on the spot, a dry stick. The disciples saw it happen. They rubbed their eyes, saying, "Did we really see this? A leafy tree one minute, a dry stick the next?"

21-22But Jesus was matter-of-fact: "Yes—and if you embrace this kingdom life and don't doubt God, you'll not only do minor feats like I did to the fig tree, but also triumph over huge obstacles. This mountain, for instance, you'll tell, 'Go jump in the lake,' and it will jump. Absolutely everything, ranging from small to large, as you make it a part of your believing prayer, gets included as you lay hold of God."

I am beginning to see God work and do miracles in myself, my family and people around me. These miracles are life changing. Some, like in my heart and mind, are long term miracles that only I can really appreciate because I am the only one who knew the depression and torment I felt and am now free from. That healing took place over a long period and was the most remarkable journey I have ever been on.

Miracles I've seen in my family include the gradual emotional healing of my son. The miracle isn't just the change in character and attitude, but the fact that my whole family is surviving this metamorphosis my son must go through to become the beautiful creature God intends for him.

The incredible miracles I have seen in the people in my church include a person being able to walk without a walker or cane anymore; a woman who has full range of motion in her shoulder again and a person whose impaired vision was restored.

I've spent a lot of time wondering how I would feel when the time came that I would see these kinds of healings and miracles. What I've discovered, is that it doesn't matter what I feel. It has nothing to do with feelings and everything to do with believing. Up until now, I've only heard about these kinds of miracles. I've been praying and asking God to let me see his power in healing touches. Now that I have, I find that I am not overcome with intense emotions but rather seem to expect it. I'm not surprised because I believed it was possible.

When God becomes so integrated into your life, your thoughts become His thoughts and His ways your ways. It only seems natural to expect God to take care of his creation and set it right if only we believe and ask.

On the other hand, I am surprised that I am not astonished. Is it because I still harbor some doubt? The evidence is there...I saw it. Why are humans creatures of doubt? What happened to that part of the little child we once were that could believe anything and wasn't afraid to show it? I want that lost belief back. I want to be ecstatic when I hear about someone receiving healing from God almighty. I want to pray believing and seeing results.

I want to see your Glory Oh God!

No comments:

Post a Comment