Sunday, January 3, 2010

WORSHIP LIKE A CHILD

During last Sunday's service, my daughter was all over the sanctuary while I was singing with the praise and worship team. She came up to stand with me a couple of times and really enjoyed the music. As the worship time extended, she became restless until I finally got her brother to take her to the fellowship hall.

There was a time that behavior would have been annoying to me and even prevent me from entering into worship. I am happy to say, not anymore. My reward for not over reacting to her behavior is listening to her sit at my feet while I write this blog. She is playing with her new wedding Barbie and pretending to sing on stage (like her mom). What caught my attention, was the expression and intensity in her voice. It sounded like she was talking right to Jesus' himself.

She may only be four years old, but I know she has a personal knowledge of Jesus Christ. Even before she could speak understandably, she would pray. I know she was praying, because I had taught her sign language for God and she was using it over and over. She would utter sounds I didn't understand then say
"Amen."

What a delight to hear your child sing and make up songs about praising God during her play time. While she seemed to have been a distraction at church, she was actually listening and learning. Thank you God, for keeping me calm and focused on you while being a part of my daughter's spiritual growth. Please continue to teach me to worship you through her innocence.

Psalm 134:2 (NIV)

Lift up your hands in the sanctuary
and praise the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment